Is Cybersecurity a Good Career?
Is Cybersecurity a Good Career? You Might be Surprised!
Are you pondering your future and considering a career in cybersecurity? If so, you’ve got the right idea. The tech industry has seen an explosion of activity as individuals, companies, and governments continuously increase their digital presence. This increased activity is creating a demand for talented and creative professionals capable of maintaining the security of data-rich domains.
So, is cybersecurity a good career choice? The tech industry is filled with pros and cons, but there are a few things we can look at that might provide a more definitive answer.
- High Demand – In 2019, there were over 300,000 vacancies in cybersecurity jobs, with an estimated projected job growth of 32%.
- Competitive Pay – Cybersecurity experts can expect an average salary of $116,000 – significantly higher than the general average.
- Impactful Work – Protecting valuable data and fighting hackers is both challenging and rewarding work.
- High Pressure – As with any job where protecting important data is involved, the pressure for perfection can be high.
- Complex Technology – It may take a while to get ahead of the curve due to the ever-changing nature of technology.
- Insufficient Training – It’s important to stay up-to-date on new security threats. Unfortunately, not all employers provide the necessary training.
A Big Why Not?
At the end of the day, the only person that can answer whether cybersecurity is a good career choice for you is…you! But instead of asking why you should go for it, why not ask “why not?”
It takes work to break into the tech industry, but the potential rewards make it worth giving it a shot. In addition to the practical pros of high demand, competitive pay, and rewarding work, you can help make the world a safer place by fighting cyber threats.
So why not give it a try? Who knows, you might even enjoy it!