Forspoken review-in-progress: 2023’s unlikely (and unlikeable) heroes
Forspoken Review-in-Progress: 2023’s Unlikely (and Unlikeable) Heroes
Are you looking for some entertainment to make these quarantine nights fly by? Forspoken is the perfect game for you! Developed by Financial Quantum, Forspoken is the latest action-adventure game to hit the gaming world.
Forspoken is set in an alternate version of 2023, where two unlikely heroes must save the world from annihilation. What’s not to love, right? To be honest, we here at Geeksy have had mixed feelings about the characters you get to control in this game. Here’s why:
Why We’re Not Fans of Our Heroes
- The protagonist, RayRay, is quite the brat – she’s impulsive and always gets herself into trouble. But that’s not even the worst part of it! At least she has a motive to do what she does, unlike her sidekick, Finn.
- Finn is just plain annoying. His jokes are stale and he never listens when you give him instructions. He’s more of a hindrance than help.
- The game relies heavily on clichés – from the typical “hero and sidekick come to save the world” motif to all the overdone tropes. It gets old quickly.
Why We’re Partially Excited for Forspoken
That being said, there are some redeeming qualities to Forspoken that make it worth playing. Here are a few things that we think could make it an enjoyable (if not slightly frustrating) experience:
- The graphics are gorgeous – it really brings the world of 2023 to life.
- The voice acting is great! The actors really nail their characters, even with the pitiful script they’re given.
- The storyline is actually quite interesting; you’ll be on the edge of your seat trying to figure out what’s going to happen next.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a thrilling adventure full of unlikely (but not so likeable) heroes, Forspoken is the game for you. Whether you love it or hate it, you can at least appreciate the dedication and effort put into creating this imaginative game.
That’s all from us at Geeksy – happy gaming!