Nintendo’s Switch is the best and worst way to play GoldenEye 007
GoldenEye 007: What a Switch!
Ah, GoldenEye 007
– the game that changed gaming history. The classic 1997 Nintendo 64 shooter game cemented our love for spies, spy movies and 4-player splitscreen gaming! Now, you can revisit those childhood memories with the Nintendo Switch version of this beloved title.
But, is the Switch the best way to play GoldenEye? Well, that depends on who you ask. Although there are certainly some pros to playing on the Switch, there are also some cons. Here’s a list of the best and worst parts about playing GoldenEye on Nintendo Switch!
- High-def sprites, textures and environments – so you can play a classic game with modern visuals
- Accessibility – you don’t need a console or TV, just your trusty Switch
- Handy tutorial – get a refresher on how to play the game and what the controls are
- No splitscreen multiplayer – can’t really play with friends anymore
- No N64 controller – the Switch Joy-Cons just aren’t the same
- Can get slow – some parts of the game may suffer from lagging or stuttering
So, is the Nintendo Switch the best way to play GoldenEye? In some ways, yes, but in other ways, no. The good news is, you can still get the nostalgic feeling from playing this classic game on the go – something that wasn’t possible before the Switch! Ultimately, it comes down to the individual’s preference.
So, go ahead and dust off that ol’ Nintendo Switch, fire up GoldenEye, and get ready for some seriously classic gaming! Who knows? You may even hone your skills enough to be the new James Bond!