Apple HomePod (2nd gen) review: A smarter smart speaker
The Apple HomePod (2nd Gen): Not *Quite* As Smart As It Thinks It Is…But It’s Still Pretty Great!
If you’re looking to upgrade your sound experience without breaking the bank, the Apple HomePod 2nd Gen is an excellent choice. It’s got some major improvements over its predecessor, but still retains some of its most beloved characteristics. Let’s dive in and take a closer look!
- Streaming: Stream your favorite tunes from Apple Music, Spotify, or your own library with ease. No more buffering!
- Voice Control: Get hands-free control with Siri, and use Apple HomePod to turn your house into a one-stop entertainment system!
- Compact Design: Despite its powerful sound, the Apple HomePod takes up a negligible amount of space. Put it pretty much anywhere in your house and get full sound from a single device.
- Apple Ecosystem: Although Apple HomePod is compatible with other streaming services, the integration with the Apple ecosystem is the best experience.
- Price Point: Apple HomePod can be a little pricey. If you’re looking for a cheaper option, there are better alternatives.
- Questions: Siri can handle most requests, but you might occasionally get an unexpected response. It’s not quite as “smart” as it thinks it is!
Ultimately, the Apple HomePod (2nd Gen) is still a great buy. The sound quality is phenomenal, and the voice control options are incredibly convenient for those with an Apple ecosystem. The main drawback is the price point, but if you can afford it, you won’t be disappointed. So if you’re in the market for a smart speaker with great sound, the Apple HomePod (2nd Gen) could be the perfect product for you!